Sunday, June 27, 2004

Lame-ometer: Very high

I'm kinda bored right now, and I havent gotten a chance to put some pictures up yet, so I'll go ahead and rant for a second 'cuz I was listening to the conversation of one of the obese execs that sits around here all day and pretends to be important.

Ok, how lame do you have to be to retain your military rank AFTER you've exited the service?? And who's more lame: People who insist on being called their rank, or people who actually call them by their rank?? Around here, we have someone who is called "The General". What kills me, is he was never a general, he was a colonel, and even funnier, the guy who is the senior guy (senior to the general) is called "the colonel". So we have a guy called "the general" who was a colonel, and a guy called "the colonel" who is senior to the general. So now we have a bunch of dudes who maybe spent 4 years in the military sometime in the 1970s running around calling people "General" and "Colonel" (let's not forget Sgt Maj, too, he just got here) and kissing ass like it's cool. Have some pride. And stop eating. These guys weigh 500 lbs and make vocal noises when they breathe, which while amusing, makes me worried cuz I'm not CPR certified at the moment.

So I think I'm going to demand being called "The Reichsmarshall." Apparently it doesnt matter if you're called by something other than your rank, so I'm gonna take it a step further and see to it that it's acceptable to be called ranks from a different country's military. (Korean ranks sound lame, so I didnt pick one of those). Oh yeah, and just so my ass is covered, I'll ensure that it's ok to misspell things like "Reichsmarshall" cuz I have no idea how to spell it correctly.

More later when I get some pics on-
- Reichsmarshall Paul

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. Maybe you should ask around and see if anyone there can teach you how to do CPR on days like these when you're bored out of your mind :) Who knows... it may come in handy one of these days. There's always another option like... PTing them every other day just like in the Marine Corps (Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays). "Sergeant" Everson can have them fill their backpacks up with sand (God knows there's tons of that in Afghanistan) and have them carry it around every where they go. Give them a few months... who knows. Maybe they'll lose weight from just being there in the heat. It's getting really hot here in Okinawa so I can only imagine what it's like there in the desert. As for the rank structure, I don't know what to say. As long as they treat everyone with respect and aren't anything like the way they treat you guys in the Marine Corps I suppose thats all that matters. You don't have to salute them... or do you?

Nanae

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home